If you are finding it hard to save the deposit for a home loan then maybe a Welcome Home Loan is what you need to apply for. Welcome Home Loans are designed for people who can make regular payments on a home loan but are finding it hard to save a large deposit. We have access to many banks and lenders who offer Welcome Home Loans, they can each differ subtly and we can help coordinate the best fit.
• In selected areas, borrow up to $600,000. This requires a deposit of 10% of the purchase price
• The deposit can be gifted.
• Three or more friends or family members, who will be living together, can team up to purchase a home.
Are you eligible for a Welcome Home Loan?
Welcome Home Loan has the following standard criteria. You will also need to meet the specific lending criteria of the participating lenders.
Applicants must be New Zealand Citizens or Permanent New Zealand Residents (holding a ‘Permanent Resident Visa’).
Maximum Income thresholds:
• For 1 borrower you can have a maximum yearly income of $85,000 (before tax).
• For 2 or more borrowers you can have a maximum household yearly income of $130,000 (before tax).
Maximum amount of a Welcome Home Loan:
The maximum amount you can borrow with a Welcome Home Loan depends on the region you are buying in. Each region has a house price cap. The maximum loan for that region is the house price cap less your 10 percent deposit.
There is a maximum amount on how much your home can cost:
- Auckland $600,000
- Hamilton City, Tauranga City, Western Bay of Plenty, Kapiti Coast District, Porirua City, Upper Hutt City, Hutt City, Wellington City, Nelson City, Tasman District, Waimakariri District, Christchurch City, Selwyn District, Queenstown Lakes District $500,000
- All other areas $400,000
For more information or to discuss your options please contact us